top of page
  • Writer's picturePresident

How to calculate work experience when applying for permanent residence as Caregiver?

When calculating your work experience, you cannot include:

  • Any period of unemployment

  • Any extended time outside Canada. For example, if you leave Canada for longer than the period of vacation time allotted in your employment contract, that period does not count.

  • Any period you work for your employer outside Canada. For example, time spent on a family vacation outside of Canada will not count.

  • Any period you work in Canada as a caregiver while living outside the home of your employer. If you have work experience as a live-out caregiver that you would like to include in your application, you must apply for permanent residence through the Caring for Children or Caring for People with High Medical Needs pathway.


bottom of page