top of page
  • Writer's picturePresident

Social Insurance Number (SIN)

A Social Insurance Number (SIN) is necessary to work in Canada and to access government programs and benefits such as Employment Insurance and the Canada Pension Plan.

All employees who have a SIN beginning with a "9" are authorized to work in Canada and that their immigration document has not expired.

SINs beginning with "9" are issued to temporary workers who are neither Canadian citizens nor permanent residents. These temporary SINs are valid until the expiry date indicated on the immigration document authorizing them to work in Canada.


bottom of page